[BEEPbuilders] beepng + cyrus sasl

David Scott ds94103 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 24 16:00:50 PST 2005

I've been trying to build the beepcore-c reference implementation with
Cyrus SASL 2.1.20 and have been having problems.

I do what INSTALL.unix says to do and run ./configure
--with-cyrus-sasl=/usr/local as instructed.

But:

First, I have to kludge the profiles/unix/Makefile.in because CYRUS_NONE
is set somewhere (and I can't find it).

Second, beepd appears to build OK but beepng only wants to give me the
EXTERNAL mechanism.  Of course this will fail because beepd only knows
about OTP and ANONYMOUS.   I can find the code in cyrus-profiles.c where
this happens but I don't know why it's like that.

Any ideas?  Or do I have to rewrite cyrus-profiles.c?

Thanks

David