[BXXPwg] Re: proposal for 1:N interactions

Greg Hudson ghudson@MIT.EDU
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:19:10 -0400

> Is there a requirement of sequential message numbers

In the current form of the BXXP framework, no.  (And the 1:N
interaction proposal doesn't suggest changing this.)  It's almost
better to think of serial numbers in their current form as "request
names" which happen to be limited to numeric form.

> What if I like skipping by arbitrary amounts between message
> numbers, say the sequence 2^1, 2^2, 2^3, etc.?

As currently specified, you can use serial numbers in whatever pattern
you want.  They aren't ordered.  You can use 2, 4, 8, 7, 3, 1 in that
order.  BXXP currently relies on the sequencing of the underlying
transport mapping to order requests.