[BXXPwg] proposal for 1:N interactions

Greg Hudson ghudson@MIT.EDU
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:07:19 -0400

> This is why there is a need to send an acknowledgement in 1:0
> interactions "for end-to-end correctness"-- when the transport
> reports an error in reliably delivering octets, they're needed to
> sort out which MSG frames were and were not correctly delivered
> before the error occurred.

This argument doesn't make sense to me.  Acknowledging frames doesn't
help you determine which frames were delivered or not in the case of a
transport error; the error could occur during delivery of the
acknowledgement, for instance, in which case the sender cannot tell
whether the frame has been delivered.