[BXXPwg] multiple ANS interleaving...

Joe Touch touch@ISI.EDU
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 21:39:16 -0800

Darren New wrote:

> Joe Touch wrote:
> > The suggestion was that multiple ANSs could be
> > interleaved (from different MSGs), thus interleaving
> > audio and video components and synchronizing the
> > playout of a file.
>
> Actually, my comment was that different frames of different ANSs in answer
> to the same MSG could be interleaved.
> You can interleave *frames* from different ANSs in response to a single MSG.

Here is the cause of my confusion, for clarification:

a-	sec 2.2.1.1:	different ANS to one MSG can be interleaved

b-	sec 2.6.1:	replies are generated in order

c-	sec 2.1.1:	a sequence of ANS, terminated by NUL, is a reply

These statements are inconsistent; b+c => !a

or at the least, confusing... :-)

(the wording is being fixed as we speak, though...)

Joe