[BXXPwg] multiple ANS interleaving...

Marshall T. Rose mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 10:39:03 -0800

> Here is the cause of my confusion, for clarification:
>
> a- sec 2.2.1.1: different ANS to one MSG can be interleaved
>
> b- sec 2.6.1: replies are generated in order
>
> c- sec 2.1.1: a sequence of ANS, terminated by NUL, is a reply
>
> These statements are inconsistent; b+c => !a
>
> or at the least, confusing... :-)

hi. my reading is this, in a one-to-many exchange, a reply consists of zero
or more ANS followed by a NUL.

when processing a MSG for a one-to-many exchange, you can interleave the ANS
messages generated, but can not start processing the next received MSG on
that channel until you generate the NUL message signifying the end of the
reply.

is this more clear?

/mtr