[BXXPwg] issues list for pittsburgh meeting

Marshall Rose mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:58:13 -0700

> >1. the ldap-style of interaction appears to be more and more like an
> >rpc-based style, which isn't where beep is targeted (the design document
> >discusses some of the distinctions between rpc and loosely-coupled
styles).
> >this may explain why you're not having much luck in getting a match.
>
> LDAP model actually has a very loose client/server messaging style.
> I actually find BEEP to require a tight request/response style
> akin to RPCs (with the difference that BEEP is peer-to-peer instead
> of client-to-server).

ha! i guess it depends on what is meant by "rpc-style"... although most
rpc's fall into the request/response paradigm, others are less constrained,
e.g., request-only, request-response, request-callback*-response, etc...

/mtr