[BXXPwg] Message Number Implementation issue

Gabe Wachob gwachob@wachob.com
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 23:45:45 -0500

Hi-
	Trudging through implementing PyBXXP, I've come across a little
optimization/simplification for generating message numbers that I'd like to
run by the folks.

	First of all, am I correct in the assumption that message numbers
must be unique across all channels now? I'm assuming the answer is yes (I
think this was discussed earlier). So, the question I have is whether
anyone sees a problems with assiging a subset of the 2147483647 possible
message numbers to each of the mandatory 257 channels? That is, can I
simply make message number spaces of size 2147483647/257 for each channel I
am working in? That way, I don't have to keep a global list of unresponded
msg's (it makes a difference in my architecture). It would save me some
work..

	Am I correct in making the assumption that I only have to support
257 channels? Will this affect interoperability?

	TIA

	-Gabe