[BEEPwg] Beepcore-C Released at SourceForge

Chris Newman cnewman@iplanet.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:16:43 -0700

--On Wednesday, August 15, 2001 20:06 -0700 Kristopher Magnusson
<kris@invisible.net> wrote:
> Beepcore-C includes profiles for TLS, SASL/Anon, and SASL/OTP. Beepcore-C
> supports Linux and Solaris as well as Windows NT/2000. Beepcore-C ships
> as a library and can support environments such as operating system
> kernels, daemons, and web servers and browsers. Beepcore-C also includes
> C++ wrappers. And as usual, Beepcore-C ships with full source code
> covered by the Blocks Public License.

Cool.  Someone actually implemented my SASL OTP draft!  I never did more
than an on-the-wire prototype, since I work on email protocols where OTP
just isn't practical (due to short-lived connections in POP/SMTP or
parallel connections from same user in IMAP).

Any plans to implement SASL/DIGEST-MD5 (which I consider the most important
hash-based authentication mechanism)?

Perhaps integrate with the open-source SASL C library from CMU?
   <ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/>
Then you can share compatible authentication plug-ins.

		- Chris