[BXXPwg] A couple of questions

Marshall T. Rose mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:44:08 -0800

> 1) The documents start looking pretty good and I assume that you are soon
> getting ready to submit them to the IESG. Is this a correct understanding
of
> where you are?

the IESG is completing their review at present.

> 3) I can't find anything mentioned about a default port or URL scheme to
go
> with BEEP. Is that by design and would port numbers and URL schemes be
> defined by the applications that sit on top of BEEP?

when you define an application protocol using BEEP, you define how to
determine the port number. take a look at the last paragraph in Section 2 of
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-reliable-02.txt for
an example.

/mtr

ps: that might be "-03" by the time you read this message.