[BXXPwg] Ran Beepd got error TLS algorithm not found

Ander, Dale Dale_Ander@stercomm.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:48:27 -0500

I got Bing talking to Beepd without going to the 1.4 Jdk earlier today.

I had put the jcert, jnet, and jsse Jar files where they belong and updated
the java.security file in my c:\jdk1.3.0_02\jre\lib\security directory but I
needed to edit the java.security file in my c:\Program
Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.0_02\lib\security directory as that's where the
software was looking at runtime I was told by someone more familiar with
Java than myself.  I also made a copy of the Jar files and put them in my
c:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.0_02\lib\ext directory just for good
measure.

Dale Ander
Senior Software Architect
Sterling Commerce, Inc.