[BXXPwg] SOAP over BEEP

Gabe Wachob gwachob@wachob.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:18:41 -0700 (PDT)

One question this brings up w/r/t SOAP is that of URLs - is there such a
thing as a BEEP endpoint URL? The reason I ask is that WSDL (the web
services description language) tries to describe a SOAP endpoint with
(among other attributes) an HTTP URL. So, it seems that if SOAP/BEEP is
deployed, the WSDL folks are going to want to be able to specify a BEEP
URL similarly to the way they specify a HTTP URL:

from http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/general/wsdl.asp (example 6):

 <service name="service1">
        <port name="port1" binding="tns:b1">
           <http:address location="http://example.com/"/>
        </port>
        <port name="port2" binding="tns:b2">
           <http:address location="http://example.com/"/>
        </port>
        <port name="port3" binding="tns:b3">
             <http:address location="http://example.com/"/>
        </port>
    </service>

 <binding name="b1" type="pt1">
        <http:binding verb="GET"/>
        <operation name="o1">
           <http:operation location="o1/A(part1)B(part2)/(part3)"/>
           <input>
               <http:urlReplacement/>
           </input>
           <output>
               <mime:content type="image/gif"/>
               <mime:content type="image/jpeg"/>
           </output>
        </operation>
    </binding>

Now, of course, this is WSDL and not SOAP or BEEP, so we aren't here to
solve the WSDL description of a BEEP endpoint -- but is now an
appropriate time to discuss URLs in the context of BEEP/TCP ? Or are URLs
not really appropriate?

	-Gabe