[BXXPwg] SOAP over BEEP

Marshall T. Rose mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:39:26 -0700

roy - i think i get what you're saying, but i'm still not entirely clear.

setting aside for the moment whether HTTP is a protocol or a service, let's
skip to this part:

> YUCK!  wcip needs to learn about hierarchy violations.
>
>    wcip.beep://authority/path
>
> would be better, but still misses the point.  The URI scheme should
> answer the question of "what application interface should I expect?",
> which is a a lot more than "what protocol should I use?".

and setting aside that i think you mean "layering" and not "hiearchy", let
me ask the basic question: what should the uri look like for wcip over beep?
i suspect that a well-architected answer would provide guidance for the
dozen or so different domains in which this question is being asked...

thanks!

/mtr