[BXXPwg] Updated strawman for BEEP protocol URIs

Gabe Wachob gwachob@wachob.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:48:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Dan Kohn wrote:

> The counterexample for Gabe is a beep listener that, for whatever
> reason, supports profiles for two or more services on the same port.
> Which is why I'd like to suggest the following (updated) proposal:

Wait, why would a listener need a URL format? Only initiators are going to
need this URL containing a profile.. Only an initiator is going to have to
make a decision about *why* they are entering into a BEEP connection ..

In other words, in BEEP, a "location" is not visible within the protocol -
if you talk to a BEEP endpoint (listener), that listener basically only
cares really that you connected, and the negotiation for what profile to
"execute" is part of the greeting and channel creation - no URL
neccesary.

	-Gabe