[BXXPwg] Updated strawman for BEEP protocol URIs

Gabe Wachob gwachob@wachob.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:59:34 -0700 (PDT)

I'm having a hard time understaning in what situation an application would
think "hmm, I have this endpoint, should I do IMXP or syslog-raw?" I mean,
even if it did both of those functions, wouldn't it know by context (eg
different fill-in fields in some config screen) that the particular
endpoint can be used for either profile?

The application is not making the decision - "here's an endpoint, whats
something interesting I can do with it". Rather, the logic is "I want to
do profile X, do I have an endpoint with which to do profile X"...

	-Gabe