[BXXPwg] BEEP for JXTA transport

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@columbia.edu
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 11:49:03 EDT

> I've been talking with JXTA devlepers on #jxta (on irc.openprojects.net)
> and inviting them over to #beepnik (on the same irc network) and there has
> recently been discussions about using BEEP as (a, the default) JXTA
> transport.
>
> These discussions apparently started on the jxta dev list:
>
> http://www.jxta.org/servlets/BrowseList?listName=dev&paged=false
>
> If anyone here is interested in JXTA, they might want to hop over to the
> JXTA list for a while and agitate if they feel so inclined...
>
> 	-Gabe

There is currently active discussion on the use of BEEP as one of the
core transport bindings in JXTA.  "Krishna Sankar" <ksankar@gte.net>
is working on a preliminary binding.  Anyone that might want to assist
him is urged to contact him.

The JXTA Core Specifications have been moved out of the Java Reference
Implementation group into a new Specifications Project.  This project

  http://spec.jxta.org/

will be responsible for revising the protocol and managing the
standardizations effort for JXTA.  This may very well include the
formation of an IETF Working Group to ensure JXTA is developed in
a language and corporate neutral manner.

We welcome your input.

 - Jeffrey Altman

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      C-Kermit 7.1 Alpha available
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   includes Secure Telnet and FTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             using Kerberos, SRP, and
 kermit-support@kermit-project.org          OpenSSL.  SSH soon to follow.