[BXXPwg] BEEP Binding for JXTA

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@columbia.edu
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:59:54 EDT

APEX is a set of services (presence, access control, message
relaying).  There is no reason why those services cannot be
implemented within JXTA peer groups.  BEEP is just a transport layer
which is used by the relays to send APEX messages.  There is no reason
why those messages could not be sent using JXTA.  Its just a question
of redefining the underlying protocol.

- Jeff