[BEEPwg] Trouble with TLS and transport mappings

Marshall T. Rose mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:41:29 -0800

> Great; works for me.  What's the next step?  Do we just note this and
> remember it for when a specification revision occurs?

presumably, at some time in the future, the wg will reactivate and look at
what changes and errata need to be me made.

> It would be consistent with the choice made in Section 4.1 to add
> after the fist paragraph of section 3 the following:
>
>   "Only one successful transport security negotiation may occur
>    in a protocol session."

that sounds fine.

> Finally, while we're squashing issues, I'll bring up two options for
> resolving my previous concern regarding the character set of base64
> encoded initialization messages.

i think i'd rather think on this for a while, since there's no particular
rush to resolve it until the wg reactivates.

/mtr