[BEEPwg] Query related with message ordering on a channel.

Darren New dnew@san.rr.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:49:01 -0800

Greg Hudson wrote:
> It simplifies the implementation of some application protocols if you
> can assume that replies will be received in the order that requests are
> sent.

Also, the profile should behave as if each request is processed in full
before the next one is examined. I.e., a request to search a database
followed by one to delete records in that database should not delete
anything before the search is complete. Of course, if you have
independent operations, it's possible to implement such things in a more
efficient way, but that's the intent.

--
Darren New
   You will soon read a generic fortune cookie.