[BEEPwg] BCP under consideration

Bob Wyman bobwyman@firstrain.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:22:43 -0400

I would be happy with the proposed change.

		bob wyman

-----Original Message-----
From: Marshall T. Rose [mailto:mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 7:10 PM
To: Bob Wyman; beepwg@lists.beepcore.org
Cc: Marshall Rose
Subject: Re: [BEEPwg] BCP under consideration

> Since the specification in the internet draft says that "yyyy"
> is merely a unique string, it would appear that the variants above
would
> all be permitted. However, I think it would make sense to explicitly
> state that elaboration to the right can be arbitrarily long and would
> indicate variants of the "yyyy" part.

how about this change:

   Although the resulting URI must conform to the URI syntax, the "YYY"
   portion is otherwise arbitrary.  For example, it may contain a sub-
   hierarchy (e.g., "epp/1.0").

   For example,

       http://iana.org/beep/transient/provreg/epp/1.0
       http://iana.org/beep/transient/sacred/pdm

   might be assigned by the chairs of the "provreg" and "sacred" working
   groups, respectively.

/mtr