[BEEPwg] BEEP question

Gabe Wachob gwachob@wachob.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:32:55 -0800 (PST)

Your question is not meaningless at all! You wouldn't use JMS as a
"transport" layer though.. that would simply not be BEEP.

In short, there is no BEEP-provided facility for this sort of "rendezvous"
functionality. That doesn't mean it couldn't be defined as a BEEP Profile
(which all three parties would have to implement in one form or another).

You may want to check out the TUNNEL profile at
http://www.beepcore.org/beepcore/docs/profile-tunnel.jsp

I don't think this will provide the "rendezvous" functionality you are
looking for, but it may help in some situations.

A profile for your situation is something I've been thinking about for a
while, but I don't think anyone has published any profiles towards solving
this problem.

	-Gabe