[BEEPwg] Some SEQ frame questions

Peter Hall whiz100 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 5 12:45:57 PST 2006

I'm not sure if I've tried against beepcore. I'm trying to findout for sure
I've personally not done it.

The way I read it was that the SEQ message says don't send me frames larger
X. is that wrong?

What I think your saying is don¹t send a message with a total payload larger
that X. in other words send me either 1 message no larger than X or send me
many continuation messages but not to exceed X.

Why send multiple SEQ messages if it's not changed? Isn't that just wasting
bandwidth?

As it happens my application a reliable syslog server/client don't need to
send more than 4K so may be I've just not had to deal with that problem.
saying that it does work against over vendors servers/clients.

The only reason I implemented what I did with the SEQ message with because
other vendors applications sent it.

Because I don¹t send a SEQ it just means I'll accept the default 4K.

Peter