[ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.4 "the union forever" release is ready!
Francis Brosnan Blazquez
francis at aspl.es
Fri Jul 13 15:01:56 PDT 2007
## Vortex Library 1.0.4 ##
## "the union forever release" ##
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
Library 1.0.4 "the union forever" release availability: an open
source "BEEP Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto
Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
data transport layer.
Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
and GNU/Linux platforms.
Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:
[Vortex Library homepage]
[Sources and Win32 binaries]
[Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]
[BEEP Core community web site]
[Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
The release in short
Updates to the xml-rpc-gen tool to support group services under
same resources, and to perform an efficient service dispatch under
this situations. Bug fixings and other minor changes to accommodate
the output produced by the tool with a Turbulence module.
Fixed bugs and updated regression test to include more tests to
ensure proper function in future release especially for the
xml-rpc-gen output code and the XML-RPC profile.
Provided a missing API to allow getting the serverName under which
the connection is working.
Jens Alfke (Reported and provided solution to some compilation
errors found under the MacOS/X platform and the XCode tool).
Graham Daws (Reported wrong mime handling).
Changes since 1.0.3
* [fix] Fixed bug which was causing to produce a service_dispatch.c
file including wrongly modules with "-" values inside its name.
* [new] Updated IDL language and the tool to support resource
declaration allowing to group services under a particular resource.
* [fix] Making the tool to not create the conf.xml file if the main
file for the server component is disabled (--disable-main-file).
* [fix] Fixed wrong piggyback handling which was causing to register a
piggyback with empty content (where no piggyback was received).
* [new] Updated regression tests to check serverName connection
flagging. Tests checks serverName value for a provided connection at
the client and the server side, after creating several channels
requesting to act as a particular server.
* [new] Updated vortex connection module to include a missing function
which allows to get current serverName bound to the connection
(first successful start message configuring it). API added:
* [new] Updated vortex xml-rpc implementation to accept several
dispatch and validation handlers to be configured at the same
time. This will allow several modules to include its dispatching
functions under different resources and services. Nice!
* [new] Updated vortex xml-rpc API to allow getting the resource under
which is running a XML-RPC channel. API added:
* [fix] Committing body and headers for the source code generated by
the xml-rpc-gen tool to allow compiling regression test in a easy
manner in other platforms where xml-rpc-gen tool is not
available. This will also allow to trace xml-rpc-gen behavior when
updates are included.
* [fix] Updated vortex regression test to integrate all work done to
check xml-rpc-gen compiler and all test unit created to check each
feature built. Now vortex-regression-client and
vortex-regression-listener will check both. Good!
* [fix] Enforced #ifdef header declaration to avoid compilation
problems with Xcode. (Reported Jens Alfke).
* [fix] Removing some references to gint.
* [fix] Added new function to get the string inside a
XmlRpcMethodValue but receiving an allocated value:
* [new] Updated xml-rpc interface to include some convenience
functions to create XmlRpcMethodValue items:
* [fix] Fixed from MIME header detection. It was done in a
case-sensitive manner. (Reported by Graham Daws).
* [fix] Added a new function that allows to perform the "best effort"
translating a double value, without taking into consideration the
current locale, replacing the function strtod which fails if the
locale is not properly synchronized with the double value to be
translating (even knowing it is a double value). Used inside the
xml-rpc API to double values in a more robust manner. API added:
* [fix] Added new regression tests (checking small messages followed
by a close request).
* [fix] Fixed return code not properly reported at
* [fix] Fixed a bug inside vortex_cond_timedwait which wasn't properly
calculating the waiting period.
* [fix] Making vortex sequencer to signal the last reply number sent
on the wire allowing the close detection code to be able to *really*
check if all replies have been sent at the close process.
Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
its distributed nodes.
Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
inside its process.
Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
and/or BEEP based development services.
You can reach us:
http://www.aspl.es - info at aspl.es
We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis at aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
13th jul 2007, Madrid (Spain)
More information about the BEEPwg