[BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.7 "tarantula release" is ready!
Francis Brosnan Blazquez
francis at aspl.es
Mon Sep 3 15:15:17 PDT 2007
## Vortex Library 1.0.7 ##
## "tarantula release" ##
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
Library 1.0.7 "tarantula" release availability: an open source "BEEP
Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto TCP/IP.
Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
data transport layer.
Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
and GNU/Linux platforms.
Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:
[Vortex Library homepage]
[Sources and Win32 binaries]
[Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]
[BEEP Core community web site]
[Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
The release in short
This release includes an updated to the BEEP session connection,
which now support configuring default tcp timeout.
It is also included a missing feature that now allows to properly
handle cross close in transit, allowing BEEP peers to issue a
channel close at the same time.
The frame dispatching and send reply code have been updated to not
block the caller if a wrong deliver order is found, but to store
that frame, unlock the caller and to perform such deliver later.
Some minor bugs have been fixed and the regression test updated. A
set of new function have been also added...
Support to configure different timeouts on beep session connect
(Martin Huter). Useful comments and bug reports about using vortex
on Windows (Mark Kane). Comments about library initialization and
documentation updates (Chris Yourch).
Changes since 1.0.6
* [fix] Included support to perform a non-blocking connect allow to
configure a different timeout than the one provided by default
(Martin Huter proposed and provided path). API added:
* [new] Added two new macros VORTEX_EWOULDBLOCK and VORTEX_EINPROGRESS
to be defined to the proper value on each platform. Updated vortex
to use these new values.
* [new] Added new function to produce a digest configuring the amount
of data to be taken from the input. API added:
* [new] Added two new macros that allows to register where the call to
vortex_cond_wait and vortex_cond_timedwait were produced. API added:
* [new] Added two new functions to implement a second level log
(debug, warning and error). Updated previous first level API to
update its status if a call to vortex_log_enable is done more
times. Updating the library to not drop message content if the
second level is not activated. API added:
* [new] Implemented initial code to support close in transit (BEEP
peers sending close messages at the same time). The code tries to
detect that situation and perform an implicit close. Added an
initial regression test to check this feature.
* [fix] Finished initial support for the cross close in transit. Now
the library support accepting an incoming close requested while a
reply for an outstanding close requested is waited, handling the
case as an implicit close. Added initial regression test but more
checks must be done.
* [new] Added a new function to check the reference counting for a
channel. API added:
* [fix] Removed some checks not required at the second level frame
received dispatch function.
* [fix] Fixed and integrated close in transit feature (test 09). Fixed
some memory leaks introduced by the new channel creation error API.
* [fix] Making windows definition _WIN32_WINNT to be checked before
being defined again (Reported by Mark Kane).
* [fix] Several updates to the NSI file and Makefiles (windows version)
to correct files included into the installer (using old headers from
a wrong location. Reported by Mark Kane).
* [new] Updated vortex connection API to include a function to disable
tcp_nodealy. API added:
* [fix] Updated channel send reply code to not block the caller if the
reply order requested is wrong, and to store that reply to be used
* [fix] Making vortex channel close notification and
vortex_channel_close functions to detect if the application is
trying to close the channel that is being notified to be closed.
* [fix] Making vortex channel msg and reply deliver at the second
level to store that messages and replies to be used later if a wrong
order is found rather than blocking the caller.
* [fix] Documentation update.
* [fix] Updated xml-rpc-gen tool to manage string declarations
(string) as (const char *).
* [fix] Restored case MIME handling at vortex frame module.
* [fix] Added some ifdef declarations to avoid including some unix
headers on windows.
* [fix] removed appLevel flag for channel reference handling while
using or implementing a BEEP profile that allows both peers to
perform a close operation on the channel channel at the same
time. Moved reference counting responsibility to the application
level. Added some notes to explain this. Updated regression test.
* [new] Updated vortex connection API to include a function to return
the number of channels running on a provided connection. API added:
* [fix] restoring vortex regression client default values..
* [fix] Updated vortex_init documentation and added comments provided
by Chris Yourch on how to make vortex library to locate its data
files on a different place.
* [fix] Updating axl and vortex package references.
Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
its distributed nodes.
Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
inside its process.
Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
and/or BEEP based development services.
You can reach us:
http://www.aspl.es - info at aspl.es
We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis at aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
3th sep 2007, Madrid (Spain)
More information about the BEEPwg