[BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.14 'spybreak' release is ready!
Francis Brosnan Blazquez
francis at aspl.es
Fri Apr 4 20:24:28 PDT 2008
## Vortex Library 1.0.14 ##
## "spybreak release" ##
Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
Library 1.0.14 "spybreak" release availability: an open source "BEEP
Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto TCP/IP.
Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
data transport layer.
Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
and GNU/Linux platforms.
Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:
[Vortex Library homepage]
[Sources and Win32 binaries]
[Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]
[BEEP Core community web site]
[Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
The release in short
Starting from this release vortex will no longer depend on external
DTD files for its function. They are now included, inline into the
source code using the axl-knife tool to refresh changes.
Fixed several bugs and updated regression test to reproduce them and
check the fix introduced.
Jens Alfke (for fixing, proposing and reporting several bugs and
Antoine Mahé (for providing a fix to make client greetings to also
advice its profiles).
Changes since 1.0.13
* [fix] Fixed bug inside channel creation process which didn't allow
to start sending content from the listener side right after the
channel being accepted. Updated regression test to reproduce the
problem and check the fix introduced. Reported by Jens Alfke
* [fix] Fixed race condition at the SASL notification. Updated
regression test to reproduce and check the fix. (1.0/1.1).
* [fix] Updated regression test to check that a channel could be
closed at the channel create notification. Found already
supported. Updated channel creation to check channel status before
the channel notification to avoid notifying a possible
* [fix] Updating regression tests (copyright).
* [fix] Fixed bug inside vortex connection creation when timeout
activated, causing to lock the caller until consume all the timeout
for hosts refusing the connection rather than failing soon. Missing
connection status check before receiving wrong greetings
reply. Reported by Jens Alfke (1.0/1.1).
* [fix] Fixed wrong handling at TLS profile implementation causing to
not properly recover during TLS failures (TLS protocol handshake).
Fixed memory leak (error reply frame for TLS implementation wasn't
* [fix] Making vortex client side implementation for TLS profile to not
unref the connection on protocol failure. Rather, return the
reference to the user the let the application space to implement its
error handling (1.0/1.1).
* [fix] Updated vortex_connection_set_auto_tls documentation to
include more references about its function (1.0/1.1).
* [fix] Fixed vortex_tls_start_negociation_sync to return a reference
to the connection received if a timeout is found (1.0/1.1).
* [fix] Fixed bug inside xml-rpc-gen tool which was produced add to
array method without checking if the type held by the array could
* [fix] removing not properly configured checking at
vortex_frame_send_raw causing to fail on nullified zero send
* [new] Updating vortex-regression-client to allow configuring the
regression listener location (and the associated BEEP proxy), taking
as default localhost location if no value is provided.
* [fix] Updating vortex regression test 12 to include support to start
fake listener at the remote regression test, allowing to check
timeout support on separate hosts.
* [fix] Fixed memory leak on connection failures, associated to the
* [fix] Fixing bug which was causing to not properly implement
connection timeout (tcp connect wasn't limited by the
timeout). Reported by Jens Alfke.
* [fix] Fixing change notify..
* [fix] Enforcing to use axl library 0.4.15
* [fix] Committing changes to use --ifnewer option from axl-knife to
build DTD files.
* [fix] Committing change notification.
* [fix] Taking advantage from axl-knife tool, now the library loads
its associated DTDs from an C inline representation generated,
removing the inconvenience to load dtd from files. Great. Fix
applied on both branches.
* [fix] Fixed wrong detection of the ctx creation handler at the
server side implementation of the TLS profile causing to fail
(because the key and certificate functions were not configured).
Reported and fixed by Jens Alfke.
* [fix] More address modifications.
* [fix] Change ASPL office location.
* [fix] Updated vortex_channel_send_err documentation to include some
clarifications about its function.
* [fix] Fixed missing check for references received (status and
status_message) at vortex_tls_start_negociation_sync, under a
timeout condition. Change applied to 1.0 and 1.1 branch. Reported by
* [fix] Fixed wrong openssl headers include causing building
environments without tls to fail. Fixed on both branches.
* [fix] Updated vortex client greetings implementation to also advice
profiles supported. Initial patch provided by Antoine Mahé for 1.0
and now adapted to 1.1 branch.
* [new] Updated regression test to reproduce and check the client
greetings advice support. Updated both branches.
* [fix] Making vortex reader to not set as not connected a connection
broken that was found to be not possible to add to the watching
list. Updated log message associated to not scare the
developer. Fix applied on both branches.
* [fix] Making vortex_profiles_unregister to uninstall the profile
removed from an internal list used by vortex_profiles_* functions.
Fix applied on both branches.
* [fix] Fixed race condition at the sasl auth negotiation, under case
where the remote peer has denied the SASL auth id. Bug fix applied
on both branches and checked against regression test.
* [fix] Fixed sasl process error notification (there was some cases
the notification was done twice). Fixed on both branches.
Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
its distributed nodes.
Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
inside its process.
Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
and/or BEEP based development services.
You can reach us:
http://www.aspl.es - info at aspl.es
We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!
Francis Brosnan Blázquez - francis at aspl.es
Advanced Software Production Line - http://www.aspl.es
4th apr 2008, Madrid (Spain)
More information about the BEEPwg