[BEEPbuilders] Interoperability Testing

Gabe Wachob gwachob@wachob.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:26:46 -0700 (PDT)

One challenge I see is that there is no standard "on the wire" stream.
Like TCP, beep connections have lots of state on either end of the wire
and that state is not neccesarily "deterministic" from the point of view
of the "other" peer (e.g. buffers may empty out at different rates, thus
causing the window sizes change). Thus, I don't think we could write out a
set of binary streams we'd could always *expect* to see on the line.

This rules out some of the interoperability tests you might see in the
SOAP interop testing.

I'd be curious to hear from folks who were around back then how TCP/IP
interop testing was done..

	-Gabe