[BEEPbuilders] Proposal for Getting Started

Gabe Wachob gwachob@wachob.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:35:37 -0700 (PDT)

On 24 Oct 2002, Jonas Borgström wrote:

> Gabe Wachob <gwachob@wachob.com> writes:
>
> > beepbuilders sourceforge project is created using justin's suggested
> > directory structure.
> >
> > beepbuilders.sf.net
> >
> > If you are a beep library author and would like to participate, please let
> > me know and we can add you as a contributor or other level of participant
> > in the project that you want. All BEEP library authors are strongly
> > encouraged to participate!
> >
> > Haven't heard any other negative (or positive) comments, would still
> > welcome those.
> >
> Great initiative, the RoadRunner project would be glad to participate!
>
> With a common interoperability test, each library author probably doesn't
> have to write their own regression tests.
>
> Should the interoperability test only contain tests for the "core" features,
> or will it also test the TLS, SASL, XML-RPC... profiles?

I hadn't thought about it, but I suspect that all well known profiles are
appropriate for interop testing. As for profiles in particular, it seems
that the common "tuning" profiles (e.g.  TLS, SASL) are the most important
to test first.

I think this effort should focus on core functionality first though.

Gabe Wachob                       gwachob@wachob.com
Personal                       http://www.wachob.com
Founder, WiredObjects    http://www.wiredobjects.com