[BEEPbuilders] [beepcore] Caught NPE on SessionEvent.toString() when receivingsession close event

Christian Möller dcmoeller at gmx.de
Mon Jun 20 11:38:48 PDT 2005

Hi,

currently I'm writing a prototype BEEP client and server testing the
protocol, some implementations of it - and my knowledge.

In the course of my investigation I've written an ugly behaving client
not sending any channel or session close requests; he only shuts down
the TCP connection when finished. My
org.beepcore.beep.core.event.SessionListener tries to log the event he
receives with a call of sessionClosed(final SessionEvent event) - and
fails like this:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.beepcore.beep.transport.tcp.TCPSession.toString(TCPSession.java:230)
	at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2131)
	at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:370)
	at java.util.EventObject.toString(EventObject.java:54)

No heavy bug, but it shouldn't be much work to fix it. I'm working with
version 0.9.08.

Thanks and regards.

Christian