[BEEPbuilders] [beepcore] Caught NPE on SessionEvent.toString() when receivingsession close event

Dann Martens dann at tomoton.com
Mon Jun 20 12:52:06 PDT 2005

Hi,

In order for this to happen, either the original founding fathers of the
beepcore project need to overcome any personal reservations regarding
passing the torch, or someone should take the initiative to branch the
project and give it a new home as well. The new Java 5.0 features are
compelling enough to consider a branch (built-in SASL, ...). In
addition, lessons should be learned from the success/failure of the
project up to now; some soul searching is in order. BEEP provides
functionality at different levels, in a package deal. The original
authors have tried to spin it around already several times in their
attempts to huckster the technology, to no avail. I can sum up many uses
for BEEP, but none of them seem to require the entire package at the
same time.

Clearly, BEEP appeals in many ways to a lot of us, but without any means
to commit your effort spent to improve the current implementation, we
would be wasting our time...

Cya,
 Dann