[BEEPbuilders] [beepcore] Caught NPE on SessionEvent.toString() when receivingsession close event

Daan Hoogland daan.hoogland at luminis.nl
Mon Jun 20 14:34:27 PDT 2005

Dann Martens wrote:

> Daan, Christian,
>
> We have several options to host a branch of the project. If we agree
> on the name for this branch, we could take it from there. Ping-ponging
> patches would work of course, given enough dedication and hard work...
> but I suppose we'd better find some version control shelter ;)
>
> Okay, here's me taking a stab at it:
> 'reBEEP' ?
>
> Same BSD-style license ?

You've got my vote on the name and the license, and my voice on the
fork. I don't see a plan in the project you are proposing and I think it
would need the founders somehow. Let's just start with considering
patches here and consider a hosting scheme once there is some agreement
on improvements.

i.o.w. I opt for the patches if it is only three of us.

ok?

> Cya,
> Dann
>

> Daan Hoogland wrote:
>
>> Dann Martens wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In order for this to happen, either the original founding fathers of
>>> the beepcore project need to overcome any personal reservations
>>> regarding passing the torch, or someone should take the initiative to
>>> branch the project and give it a new home as well.
>>>

>> Or we could use this list to share considderations and patches.
>>

>>> The new Java 5.0 features are compelling enough to consider a branch
>>> (built-in SASL, ...). In addition, lessons should be learned from the
>>> success/failure of the project up to now; some soul searching is in
>>> order.
>>>

>> Hereby,... Are there any more people on this list actually using it in a
>> project?
>>

>>> BEEP provides functionality at different levels, in a package deal.
>>> The original authors have tried to spin it around already several
>>> times in their attempts to huckster the technology, to no avail. I can
>>> sum up many uses for BEEP, but none of them seem to require the entire
>>> package at the same time.
>>>
>>> Clearly, BEEP appeals in many ways to a lot of us, but without any
>>> means to commit your effort spent to improve the current
>>> implementation, we would be wasting our time...
>>>
>>> Cya,

<insert your favorite astute quote here />
Daan Hoogland
software architect
daan.hoogland at luminis.nl
0620442544