[BEEPbuilders] Testing BEEP implementations?

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Thu Sep 14 09:24:14 PDT 2006

El mié, 13-09-2006 a las 20:51 -0400, Colin Fleming escribió:
> Hi all,

Hi Collin,

> I'm working on a new BEEP implementation, on top of Apache MINA
> (http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/mina/index.html).

Nice!

> MINA is a
> nice Java framework for developing NIO (non blocking) servers, which
> should provide a pretty high performance solution. I'm interested in
> any suggestions for interop testing, I've downloaded the beepbuilders
> repo from CVS and checked that my parser handles the message header
> tests correctly, so once I have the framing working I'd like to start
> testing against other implementations. Is the echo profile the way to
> go for this?

At least this is the way we use to check our implementation against
others in a minimal way.

Add to this two litle modification making the echo profile to send
really huge messages in a single MSG (to see how it handles SEQ frames)
and then the same huge message replied with several ANS/NUL.

At this point, basic plain BEEP features are tested, remaining SASL and
TLS.

I hope it helps,

Cheers!

PS: Don't forget to keep us updated on your progress!

--
Francis Brosnan Blazquez <francis at aspl.es>
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.