[BEEPbuilders] writing up the test cases

Justin Warren daedalus@eigenmagic.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:00:23 +1100

--/3yNEOqWowh/8j+e

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 10:33:31AM -0800, Gabe Wachob wrote:
> I'd like to start a list of test cases.
>=20
> I'd like to have "rounds" of testing so we can keep things relatively
> simple. I want to have a list of very basic tests for the first "round",
> along with a list of participating BEEP libraries (and test code).
>=20
> We've got the Echo and Reverb test cases mentioned earlier on this list.
> Further test case suggestions are welcome.

I think we should start with a round of basic framing tests, as this is
the most basic requirement of a library. Follow that with a round of
management profile testing.

> I'm taking volunteers for folks to write up these test case descriptions.
> I'll take that if nobody volunteers in the next day or two. I want to make
> sure all the library folks understand the test cases so that any test run
> discrepancies are demonstrating problems with beep implementations, not
> test case implementations.

I can take on the framing test bits as I've mostly written that bit for
BEEPy anyway. Some more formalised descriptions would be good. Eventually
we should all use a common format for the test specs/docs. What are we
using for documentation? ASCII? OpenOffice?

> Also, i'd like to gather a list of folks from each beep library
> implementation effort who would like to be the official person from that
> effort participating in the interop testing.

Well, for BEEPy, that would be me.

> P.S. If anybody objects to the process, please let me know, but I figure
> its best to just get started and do something rather than plan a lot

Yeah, best to at least start, and clean things up as we go along, else
we'll never get anything done.

--=20
"/net is just an interface to NFS, not a Magic Fairy Directory of Power."
                                -- Mike Sphar, in a.s.r

--/3yNEOqWowh/8j+e

--/3yNEOqWowh/8j+e--